I would really like it if My Account had...

The Old Compare Features I Had When Clicking "Compare" Under Listings

You need to change the compare features back to what they were: allow sellers to see ALL sales, to select sections to compare pricing between like sections, to select levels to compare pricing between like levels, etc. Why would you take away these features and put sellers at a disadvantage this way? Give sellers these features/options back.

209 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    R. M.R. M. shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AndrewAndrew commented  · 

Dated 1/26/17

Echoing Susan's comment below this feature needs to be added back in or a different tool to show the same metrics needs to be added, as it is a very valuable tool. I was told the it was removed due to user experience issues, but not having this feature degrades the user experience even more than having the tool and it not being great. This removal of the tool will only decrease StubHub's profits as sellers use alternate platforms to sell. Please add this tool back in.

• SusanSusan commented  · 

Dated 1/26/17:
        The "Compare similar listings" is not showing at all -- even within my Stubhub edit listing --
        or in my listings as in the past. I'm told this has been an intentional
        change by Stubhub. I'm very disappointed and want you to know this definitely
        alters my monitoring ability of similar sales surrounding my listed tickets.
        VERY disappointed with loss of ability to see "recent sales". Detrimental change
        to my procedure and enjoyment and I'm disgruntled that the recent sale info was
        intentionally removed. It will make it much more difficult to monitor pricing
        for success without being able to see the market sales.

Michele B.: I'm sorry about that. You can submit your feedback regarding this
        issue to yourfeedbackmatters@stubhub.com

• Nancy WilhelmNancy Wilhelm commented  · 

This is ridiculous! Did a competitor hack your page, StubHub?? I can't imagine you made this mess on purpose. If I'm going to list tickets for sale on your site and you're going to make a nice amount of money on my sale, then you should want me to have all the information on sales and listings to make the most amount on my sale possible. Why do you have to make this so difficult?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Stubhub changed this because there were 3rd party individuals / groups mining the data - I was given first hand confirmation that this is the case.. What I don't understand is why this is an issue. If anything, it allows re-sellers to make better decisions on what tickets to buy and increases the likelihood that tickets will sell thus making SH more money.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I've stopped using the compare tool now that the new format is in place

• njrussnjruss commented  · 

The present tool is useless and frustrating. The old tool gave good market info and was valuable in helping make pricing decisions.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The best part of the Compare feature was it listed people who had price alerts - I could lower my price to match a price alert and know that people just got emailed about my tickets being available. THAT was huge.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I completely agree with this. For every single seller on Stubhub, the "new and improved" pricing comparison with median and mean sales tells them almost absolutely nothing. All it shows sellers is whether tickets have been sold, but nothing regarding the MOST important part of selling - the demand. Being able to see the dates, quantity, section, row and selling price was no question the biggest asset for sellers.

As Stubhub is in this business for profit, wouldn't it make sense to cater to your sellers and bring back this pricing comparison? It feels like sellers are being put in the dark regarding sales and demand.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

You have to be able to see the sold ticket info with the date, qty, section, ROW and Price!

• Anonymous commented  · 

does stub hub ever respond to any of these?

• BrandonBrandon commented  · 

I agree completely!! If this is not changed, I will NOT renew my season tickets next year and let my MLB team know that this change StubHub made prevented me from renewing! I already spend too much time trying to sell my unused tickets... this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

The new compare feature is completely worthless. The median and mean sales prices provide zero guidance for sellers looking to price specific tickets appropriately. The old compare feature was one of the only user friendly components on what is otherwise a disaster of a web site.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed - honestly doesn't make sense why Stubhub decided to try to make it so simplistic - Getting the full scope in terms of how the sales of a particular event is doing was much easier before than it is now.

• RobRob commented  · 

Completely agree. The new format doesn't give you the complete picture of what's sold.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Amen -these changes made something that was easy, quick, and fun into something painful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base