I would really like it if My Account had...

Reward seller's program based of sales YTD

The more sales you have on Stub Hub the lower your selling percent comes.

3,105 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    john kirkjohn kirk shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

The rewards system for sellers here is a joke. There should be tiered levels that reward you more as your sales increase. This will never happen, SH has forgotten about sellers who have helped them to get to where they are. Ticketnetwork, or consigning with another company, is the way to go

I sold over a Million on SH last year but am now trying to sell on other venues & hope SH rots. aside from the 15% sellers & 10% buyers fees SH started charging a $1.50 per ticket fee on top of it all for all Major league baseball tickets. When I called to inquire I was told & I quote "JNust raise your prices $1.50". I seriously hope they don't think sellers are that stupid as you then won't sell your tickets. They also told me "It's only $1.50 per ticket" So last year I sold 30,000 baseball tickets & that $1.50 per ticket becomes $45,000 in a year. That's 1/2 of my profit & has made me go elsewhere to sell.

• SellersSellers commented  · 

ad business!! STH doesn't really care about their seller, they just sitting in the office get 15% commison from the sellers. And they still don't give a seller a lower commission even though I sold 450k!! Al they're care about is the buyers!! Give them a freaking reward to buyers but not their sellers. And from now listing tickets on ticketmaster, the sellers don't have to pay for the commission. I think many sellers will leave stubhub soon because of the 15% commission

• Anonymous commented  · 

You all are getting a better rate than I am .169692308 % is what i pay.

• Anonymous commented  · 

i gave up on worrying about dropping orders, late deliveries etc a long time ago. im already at 450k this year and pay full fees with no discount in sight.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please get rid of the new listing showing sellers all the fees... IT IS KILLING ME! I have no visibility on what I should list and for how much. PLUS who at stub thought the idea of showing buyers higher ticket prices is going to entice them to buy more tickets?

to the stubhub admin that answered below on sep 27, 2012: what and where can i find these "new services for loyal sellers"??

agree, agree, agree. a lot of times selling here doesn't make sense with the 15% fee...then on top of that, the long wait to get paid. stubhub could be, could be great, if they'd lower the fee and do direct deposits as a payment option. until then, there's other options out there and sooner or later a competitor will get it completely right. i hope stubhub becomes more seller friendly, they have a good site.

• Laura FrameLaura Frame commented  · 

I concur with just about every comment on here so I won't repeat the most common complaints of Stuhub's too-high commission rate. You guys are making money off the buyer AND seller on every sale. That's highway robbery. So either reduce the commission rates, choose one side to take commission from, offered a tiered commission, or provide incentives. I've seen coupons codes for buyers but I never get one as a seller. Give me an incentive soon to keep selling on Stubhub or I'm outta here. I'm sick of Stubhub's moronic mistakes (incorrect venue maps attached to events, double event listings, etc). If you want to charge a high commission, then your error margin has to be lower.

• Jeremy BennightJeremy Bennight commented  · 

Totally agree, The fees are just getting really hard to beat, half the time I'm losing money on a sale and I'm still giving up 15%. I've tried buying and selling the same tickets off of Stubhub, but since I'm paying 10% as the buyer and 15% as the seller I've gotta make 25% just to get even so it makes it not even worth the time and effort. With the buyer rewards program I guess it's down to 22% but even that is too much. If we could get the same program but as a seller we could be down to 19% which is closer to where I need to be to make it worth the time. Atleast at that rate I can make 20% and not lose money. There have been plenty of tickets I've passed on that I knew I could sell for more money just because of the fees. It's not worth it to tie up all the money just to make 5% after I pay the 25% after buying and selling on Stubhub. These days its hard to hope for more than 30% on a ticket so when your taking 25% of it theres just nothing left for me. Please get the seller rewards program going so I can take that 25% down to 19%. Atleast at that rate if I get my 30% im left with 11% which is a little more worth it but your still getting 2/3s of my profit. If you realisticly want us sellers to buy and sell more of the same tickets on your site your probably gonna have to do more than that. Is there a way we could get a special rate on just the tickets we buy and sell off of Stubhub??? Since your making double cause your taxing the same ticket twice maybe you could give us a little break?? Maybe something like 3% break for frequent sellers on regular tickets and 6% if we buy and sell the same ticket??? Anyway just something to consider Stubhub because im really afraid your gonna start losing sellers because were not getting a big enough cut for all of our work, and just like everybody else has said if us sellers give up and just start doing something else the site won't be as good and your leaving the door open for somebody else to take some of your business. You still have the best site so keep it that way!! don't lose your dominance of the market over a few %

• Anonymous commented  · 

lower fees is the only thing that will entice me to sell again on stubhub. if a select few get to pay 10%, everyone should get to pay 10%. if stubhub appreciated sellers more they could crush all competition because every ticket that hits the secondary market would land here...and by "appreciate" i mean lower fees and working with sellers to continue making the site easy to manage (which they do a great job of), not sending me an email saying they appreciate my business. i don't need an email thank you, i need lower fees!

• chris erliekchris erliek commented  · 

the new '' What you see is what you pay'' is good for the buyers, bad for the sellers!!! has hurt me a lot and now with football its even worse!!!

Also the new MLB 1.50$ free taken per ticket is another robbery! it doesn't sound like much, but last year I sold over 20k baseball tickets, thats $30,000 less I will be receiving this year.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Bottom Line: YOUR COMMISSION IS OFTEN LARGER THAN MY NET.
        You need a more reasonable arraignment. I have begun to transfer my listings elsewhere. Ticketmaster (now there's an appropriate name) is a monopoly that gouges on the front end and THEN you on the other. Pricing has become much more competitive as buyers become more savvy. Your percentage is no longer reasonable.

• fries78fries78 commented  · 

I'm fine with the new sales thresholds, but why do I have to buy $2k tickets to be rewarded in the Top SELLER program? That's the definition of terrible program design. I e-mail a Top Seller rep to see what the reasoning for this was and they said that they expect sellers to also buy from SH to resell. Sounds like they just want to nickle and dime churn more fees out of us. I guess with over $1M in sales for the past two years, I'm not a top SELLER because I don't BUY tickets from SH. Stupid.

• FGFG commented  · 

I'm not a huge seller but I sell about $15-20k a year. It would be 2-3x that if the commissions were lower, I primarily use Craigslist or other services instead. I know for a fact that some sellers only pay 10% commission to Stubhub so I'm surprised that there are people selling $250k+ in tickets and not getting a discount. But I agree that Stubhub needs a simple, transparent, tiered system instead of secrecy and secret deals and no way to lobby for a better commission.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Over $100K in commissions paid to Stubhub in 2012 and nothing as far as sell fee reductions. Time to move to Ticket Network. Peace.

It doesn't matter, Preferred or top seller, Stubhub doesn't respect any of their sellers. They don't give their sellers anything!! If you sell one ticket all year or if you sell a million tickets! They don't give a crap about us!!! Being a top seller is just a name!

• Anonymous commented  · 

StubHub does not respect me whats so ever, I don't know if its that I am only 19 years old, or that I only have around 500K in sales this year on StubHub. I am still considered a "Prefered Seller" how disrespectful.

I talked to someone from another ticket selling sight, finally!! I knew it, there is something coming on another ticket sight that will let frequent ticket sellers sell for only 7% comission for the new year!! They have great followers too! I don't Think i can put the name on here cuz Stubhub will probably not allow it but Stubhub doesn't care about their sellers and someone else does!! Go ahead Stubhub, Reward your buyers and not your sellers!! That's not real smart, when all your sellers go away, you won't have anything to give your buyers!! HAH!! You snooze you loose!! WE ARE THE REASON YOU ARE IN BUSINESS!! YOU WILL BE BEAT OUT BY OTHER COMPITITION THAT CARES ABOUT THEIR SELLERS!! After the new year search around and you shoould find them. I got an email from them!! Woo Hoo!!! Bye Stubhub!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base