I would really like it if My Account had...

Lower the 15% commission that StubHub receives for larger priced tickets, or season packages!

StubHub makes absurd gobs of money on this site. Tier the tickets so that if the selling price is over a certain amount, that the commission load is less.

4,385 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ThePackIsBackThePackIsBack shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

85 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BaseballBuffBaseballBuff commented  · 

Today is 8/1/2016. I just bought two MLB tickets on StubHub for what was advertised as $46 per ticket, a supposed total of $92 for two tickets. With fees, I paid $114.64. That is a markup of $22.64, or 24.61%. I was expecting to pay about 15%. I no longer care for StubHub and will seek out the competition for more reasonable pricing. For those of you who stick with them, when you are on the checkout page, make sure you click on Pricing Details before buying.

• domn8r59domn8r59 commented  · 

Stubhub clearly needs to set a tiered fee structure, or a cap. It's one thing when you try to take 10% on the front end and then 17+ % on the back end on a $50 ticket, but they are now adding over $2,000 in fees for a 2 'average' priced Super Bowl tickets. They are now ruining that secondary market. One of their 'special events' people tried to call me to explain after I canceled my account entirely, and I could tell his conscience wouldn't allow him justify these fees. "Well, uh we have to make arrangements to deliver the tickets, and uhhh every buyer gets a ticket to our tailgate party, soooo..." Hahaha. I actually felt bad for the guy having to tell me my $1,500 in fees gets me invited to a tailgate party. I can eat and drink a lot, but that's a big stretch for me to break even. They've clearly gotten too 'corporate' and some a$$hole in a suit is studying the wrong numbers on a piece of paper. They've joined the ranks of Ticketmaster now. Both deserve a fiery death.

• KerryKerry commented  · 

Wow, StubHub has gotten so greedy!!!! Taking money on the back end, the front end, percentages and "fees." Boo!.

• Andrew MAndrew M commented  · 

Been buying Hockey Tickets on Stubhub - no more. I refuse to do business with Ticketmaster because of the fees, and now, my latest transaction on SH, I see the fees on two tickets to be over $40. I have now added SH as another company I refuse to do business with.

• WillieWillie commented  · 

StubHub was a great service, and a real pioneer in online ticket marketplacing when it started. Now, the corporate greed has taken over. Adjust the buyer-set prices upward with 18-20% commissions, don't share that upside with the sellers, and still charge sellers a 10% "service fee" on the original so-called "prices"? It feels less like a fair deal and worse than Ticketbastard these days!

• davidneighbor@aol.comdavidneighbor@aol.com commented  · 

The mark up by Stub Hub on better tickets is too high to be effective for sellers. I try to price fairly but the end result is just too high. I will have to find another way next year if this doesn't get better.

• AlAl commented  · 

Ticketmaster only gets 15% commission total. I would like to see StubHub drop down to 15% as opposed to the 25-30% that they currently receive.

• ArthurArthur commented  · 

I am a season ticket holder with the Giants for 20 years and have been making lots of money for PayPal..About 30 per cent.

I have never received a thank you from you..Not a way to maintain customer loyalty

Bad style Pay Pal

• Anonymous commented  · 

a lower commission for sellers would be great. i sell tickets below face so am losing money.

• DFDF commented  · 

I have a ticket listed for $400 currently. Stubhub price is $481.95 and the payout is $369. There should be a law that limits these fees... it's no different than loan sharking. Of course those fees are before Paypal dips into it as well. Like Ebay, I'm sure Stubhub and Paypal is now all owned by one corporation.

• Scott ClarkScott Clark commented  · 

And the hits just keep coming...as the 05/15 Cardinals/Tigers game approaches...Stub Hub continues to raise the price on my prospective buyers. This is after I have posted and within 24 hours of my posting. They have mysteriously raised the price $4 for each ticket under the guise of "additional buyer fees". Truly bad form. And I took the 6 tickets down due to Stub Hub's fraudulent business tactics. They were all sure sells and below going rate...even after SH's exorbitant fees.

It is fraud to continue to raise the buyer fees after I posted and we had an "agreement" of sorts. Give these pigs as little of business as you can. #pitifulpigs

• Scott ClarkScott Clark commented  · 

15%? Stub Hub charges up to 30% total at times. And when I asked support what the rates are...they were evasive. Shamelessly evasive. It took a lot prying to find out Stub Hub has "dynamic fee pricing" as the support team tried to dismiss my queries with "it varies".

Call it dynamic and charge them more. Just make an industry term up and make more money.

Stub Hub should be ashamed. When Stub Hub see opportunities for sellers to make good money...they raise the percentage on those games. God forbid sellers do well and SH not maximize profits.

Use anyone but Stub Hub to sell your tickets. They are robbing you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Seems like it's over. Saturated with new brokers trying to flip tickets. Lot of supply stubhub charging exorbitant fees. Buyers just wait till the last hour to buy, overheard an employee at lms telling a customer to wait till the last hour to get cheap tickets. We're the only reason they're in business. I'm getting out its going to blow over soon. They should collect as much as they can before it's another blockbuster video. Things have gotten so bad I sell and wait for the tickets to drop to fulfill my order.

• jimjim commented  · 

A lot being made by stub hub for just facilitating ticket sales. The risk of no sale is completely borne by the ticket owner/seller. The payout should be more than the 30% spread between the seller price and the buyer seen price. The owner payout should be around 80 to 85%.

• Rudy MarzanoRudy Marzano commented  · 

stubhub' s ridiculous fees cost me the sale of 2 very desireable seats I was selling only to cover the cost due to a recent injury. Never again!!!!

• SarahSarah commented  · 

15% is not even close to the commission StubHub collects, 30% - 40% is a much more accurate number. Both seller and buyer are taken advantage of. My brother-in-law sells his Hawks tickets on the ticket exchange much easier and with much lower fees. Fingers crossed they pick up the cubs, I honestly can't afford to lose more money with StubHub.

• JohnJohn commented  · 

Your right, the amount being charged the seller is way too much. Stub Hub has no risk in selling the tickets, (not like a credit card company holding a loan) and yet they make 10 to 15% more than a credit card company. Credit card company makes 15 to 20%, 29% on a real bad credit risk. Stub Hub makes 30.5% with no risk and all electronic transactions without overhead like a real store. A computer, desk and internet access and make 30.5%.

Seems, I take all the risk in buying season tickets and Stub Hub makes all the money when I sell the ones I may not use. If I don't use or sell, I take full loss. Stub Hub never has a loss. Seems they should buy the season tickets, I cherry pick the games at the price they want me to get when I sell, then I sell at the price the buyer sees. Without my inventory and me taking risk, they would sell nothing. Thus I should be rewarded by paying less than 30.5%. 15 % sounds reasonable for using their web site to sell my unused tickets.

• DanaDana commented  · 

I was ticked to find that tickets I listed for to a concert went from a "buyer sees" price of $167/tix the day I listed, to a "buyer sees" price $182.54/tix on Valentines weekend. My tix are listed at $155.42, and my payout will be $139.88/tix. So, SH is taking $42.66/tix or 30.5% commission! That is ABSURD!! They say they don't charge a seller's fee, but yes they do. How else to explain my listing price compared to what my payout will be? As a ticket buyer on SH too, this has really opened my eyes.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base