I would really like it if My Account had...

Let Buyers Make an Offer

Often buyers will like my seats but not the price, and I will never know if we could have made a deal. There should be a user option to make an offer for a listing and then I can either accept/decline, or make a counteroffer.

2,707 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SH SellerSH Seller shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I cannot agree more . As a buyer and a seller this is what I have been asking for sometime. STUB HUB Listen up!

• William ShearerWilliam Shearer commented  · 

This is how a real market works, there are bid and ask offers. Someone who wants to sell instantly should be able to, the same way someone who wants to buy instantly currently can.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be nice to bid on seats sometimes I would purchase tickets if they were just $10, 20 cheaper ... because in the end every dollar counts when you have to tally up the service fees!

• GmoneyGmoney commented  · 

I agree, there are often tickets I would buy. If one could make an offer open for 1 hour that would be be great.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would give more options to both buyers and sellers.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Each section at a venue could be treated like a stock symbol on a stock exchange. Individuals could submit buy and sell offers, and if a match is made a transaction occurs. That way there would be no haggling over individual tickets.

NO WAY! This will be VERY ANNOYING and will waste our time with mediocre offers. If you are a seller and are willing to price lower than do so, but keep "making offers" on ebay.

• anonymousanonymous commented  · 

Nothing like listening to middlemen gripe about competition...the only way you get stuck with tickets, is by being too greedy in the first place...StubHub should definitely allow offers to be made...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Ebay owns Stubhub. Stubhub and Ebay have different sales models. Currently, which site sells more tickets? Which site accepts offers from buyers and which site doesn't? It's already been proven that the buyer offer model does not work in this market. If you like eBay's model better, use eBay. The logic is simple.

• MaxMax commented  · 

I have yet to see any seller logic here that holds weight. You add a simple option to a listing that lets the seller choose if they would like to accept offers on their listing. If, as a seller, you don't want to see any offers, or clutter, or whatever...great, just don't turn the option on. You make the offer binding and a short window (4 hours, 12 hours, whatever...) and you link a credit card to the offer that will be charged upon offer acceptance. If the user chooses to buy a second set of tickets you can insure that they are given a chance to retract offers that have not been responded to. If they choose not to retract their offer, then they are on the hook if that is accepted as well. These are all simple problems to solve instead of trying to create more roadblocks between matching a buyer and a seller. The stock market seems to use the logic of offers from both sides and works just fine (regardless of what you think of the actual direction the market takes...).

• TravisTravis commented  · 

I don't want to deal with this. I'll simply use another site if I have to compete with people who can sit at their computer all day to barter. Furthermore, your revenue will go down with this increased drive for lower pricing.

• Larry SmithLarry Smith commented  · 

What would be cool to is is a way for buyers to place offers that sellers could browse. These offers would be binding so if a seller accepted the sale would take place immediately. The buyer could stipulate certain criteria such as sections ,rows and a price that was acceptable. The seller in turn could sort these offers by price to eliminate the low ball offers. This would be very useful in dumping off tickets that are close the the event that have not sold.

Absolutely NOT. I get enough junk emails everyday. I don't need to weed through 1000 bogus offers for tickets on top of that each day!

• .com.com commented  · 

Not a good idea. Now nobody will pay what you ask because they will want to keep making an offer on your seats and going back and forth. Not a good idea. Keep it the way it is - Here is the price, take it or leave it, and if they don't sell YOU can lower the price.

• Michael Michael commented  · 

I gave stub hub the idea of letting people make an offer on tickets over 5 years ago. Seller would except or counter offer, after that start over.

• Manning2LuckManning2Luck commented  · 

I'd go for it as a Seller. Give the sellers the option of IN or OUT. Don't like it....don't get in.

• Anonymous commented  · 

All you have to do it what eBay does. You set a price and anything below is automatically rejected. You dont have to sift through anything but decent offers. If they lowest you will take is $50 the offers never even come through unless it is over $50.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base